Skip to content
- (2010), ‘Ethnic Differences in Child outcomes’, in: K. Hansen, S.Dex and H.Joshi (eds.),Children of the 21st Century (vol2): The first five years, Bristol: Polity Press (with Luke Sibieta).
- (2010), ‘The economics of vocational education and training’, in International encyclopedia of education: vol. 8, eds P Peterson, E Baker & B McGaw, Elsevier, Oxford, pp.255-261 (with Pedro Carneiro and Anna Vignoles).
- (2010), ‘The contribution of the economics of education to education’ , in Furlong, J and Lawn, M. (Eds) Disciplines of Education: Their Role in the Future of Education Research, Routledge: London. (with Anna Vignoles and Stephen Machin).
- (2007), ‘Employer-provided vocational training: what are the returns to NVQ level 2 and the potential effects of ‘Train to Gain’?’, chapter 6 in D. Kehoe (ed.), Practice makes perfect: the importance of practical learning, (2007), The Social Market Foundation (with Alissa Goodman, Barbara Sianesi and Helen Simpson).
- (2005), “Provision and Cost of Childcare”, Chapter 8 in Chote, R., Emmerson, C. and Oldfield, Z (eds), Green Budget 2005, Institute for Fiscal Studies, London, (with Claire Crawford and Mike Brewer).
- (2005), “Measuring the Returns to Education”, Chapter 7 in Machin and Vignoles (eds), Whats the Good of Education? The economics of education in the UK, Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford, 117-145 (with Richard Blundell and Barbara Sianesi).
- (2003), “Income and Living Standards”, Chapter 6 in Ferri (et. al.), Changing Britain, Changing Lives, Institute of Education, University of London (with Alissa Goodman and Phillipa Saunders).
- (2000), “Estimates of the impact of improvements in basic skills on aggregate wages, employment, taxes and benefits”, Part 2 of John Bynner (ed.), The social benefits of basic skills, Centre for the Wider Benefits of Learning, Institute of Education (with Howard Reed and John Van Reenen)
- (1996), “Education and Training Policy”, Chapter 12 in A. Dilnot and C. Giles, Options for 1997: The Green Budget, Institute for Fiscal Studies Chapter, October 1996 (with Howard Reed).